Medlab SB 5B (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) Capsules
Medlab SB 5B contains Saccharomyces boulardii is a beneficial probiotic yeast that helps to maintain gastrointestinal function and integrity.
Medlab SB 5B May Assist With
- Medically diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome.
- Helps maintain healthy digestive function.
- Relief or treatment of diarrhoea, flatulence, bloating and digestive discomfort.
- Aids digestion.
- Helps to support healthy immune function.
- Saccharomyces boulardii may competitively inhibit the binding of Candida albicans to the gastrointestinal mucosa.
- May help to reduce inflammatory mediators originating in the gastrointestinal tract.
- May assimilating secretion of disaccharidase brush border enzymes - sucrase, lactase and maltase assisting in the digestion and absorption of associated dietary compounds.
- Saccharomyces boulardii aids in the stimulation of secretory IgA release in the gastrointestinal tract that then targets potential pathogens.
Shipping, Refunds and Returns
Please view our policies below;
Medlab SB 5B Ingredients per Capsule
Saccharomyces cerevisiae ssp. boulardii 250 mg Equiv. 5 bill CFU
Medlab SB 5B Excipients:
Cellulose, Calcium hydrogen phosphate, Magnesium stearate and Silica.
Medlab SB 5B - Contra-indications, Interactions or Cautions
- Do not use Medlab SB 5B if you have allergies to any of the ingredients.
- If diarrhoea persists for more than 6 hours in infants under 6 months, 12 hours in children under 3 years, 24 hours in children aged 3-6 years or 48 hours in adults and children over 6 years, seek medical advice.
- Medications for fungal infections interact with and reduce the therapeutic effectiveness of Medlab SB 5B due to SB being a yeast.
- For all Cautions, Interactions or Contra-indications associated with Medlab SB 5B please contact your health care professional.
The active ingredients in Medlab SB 5B, when professionally prescribed, may assist patients suffering from specific health conditions.
This statement does not imply or make a claim for a cure for disorders treated with Medlab SB 5B and therefore its use should be based on published scientific and clinical data as well as traditional uses.